Guatemalan Sisters

Thursday, September 07, 2006

No Longer Half Way There

Hi Everyone,

So we do NOT have Kimberly's pink slip. Seems the Embassy can't find the amended I171-H (form from the Department of Homeland Security) that says I have been approved to adopt 2 children, even though it's been faxed/emailed at least 20 times in the past week. Even the Yakima WA DHS office insists they've sent it 3 times now.

I have 4 (count them 1, 2,3, 4) emails from the Embassy yesterday insisting I have my Guatemalan attorney bring it to them in person. Senator Cantwell's office has an email insisting my attorney bring it in. So, my attorney has made three trips and each time is sent away and each time the Embassy refuses to take the I171-H he has in his hand.

Today I receive direction from the Embassy official through my agency director to email them the form myself and be sure to include the second page that references my finger print expiration date. Keep in mind, no second page exists and so I have to confirm with the Yakima DHS office no second page exists, re-email the I171-H and reference the fact no second page exists.

Senator Maria Cantwell's office is trying to resolve as well.

Katerine's pink slip appointment is for Monday the 11th, and we won't be making that one. I want to make one trip and pink them up together. I can't really wait in country for the US Embassy to figure out how to open their email or read their faxes. It almost feels like I'm gettng the run around for some unknown reason.

On the bright side, it means I've likely got 1-2 more week at work to put some things to bed before I take time off. :) Only I would find some perverse relief in that.

Ruth

3 Comments:

Blogger Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Ruth,
Everything will work out. You and your girls are in my prayers.

Ginger

10:51 PM  
Blogger Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Ruth,
Everything will work out. You and your girls are in my prayers.

Ginger

10:52 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Ugh! That is so frustrating!!! My thoughts are with you.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home