Guatemalan Sisters

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Happy 3rd Birthday Beautiful Girls

Yesterday was Katerine and Kimberly's 3rd birthday. They are celebrating in Guatemala with their foster family and we'll be thinking of them here. We've hit week 5 in PGN and we're still waiting patiently for word. Not expecting that any time soon though. Cases seem to be taking around 3 months right now so we've got a long ways to go. There was some movement in a number of cases today so that's good news. For those of us stuck at various stages in the adoption process, any movement is good news.

Yesterday we attended a Portland area picnic of families who have adopted children from Guatemala. It was really nice. Jayden made some new friends and was still talking about a little girl named Ellen tonight. She kept telling me Ellen "was just like her." It seems Ellen likes the monkey bars too. :) It was a too hot for everyone's taste.

We also had my company (Knowledge Learning Corporation) picnic on Saturday. One of our primary owners, Mike Milken, attended. I have worked with him off and on since the merger. I've read about his career. I can't speak to what I've read because ultimately that's second-hand. I can only speak to what I've seen since the merger. This guy, and the rest of the Milken family, are so incredibly dedicated to children, education, and our company. We feel it every day at work. We feel it in every decision they make. He is always focused on doing the right thing - for children, for employees and education. It's such a great place to work!

Taylor is registering for classes at PSU tomorrow. She's thinking about taking Chinese as her language requirement. (Something Mike Milken said stuck in her mind.) She's still looking at doing PSU's 5 year MBA/Accounting & Finance degree. Seems she actually enjoys the numbers.

I'm off but have a great week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ellie said...

RUTH-

After the big day yesterday at PGN... I am hoping you heard something yesterday... My prays are with you all!

Ellie

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home