Guatemalan Sisters

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Still Can't Post Photos

Happy Sunday!

So I'm feeling very frustrated that I can't post photos from our trip earlier this month. Messages to blogspot and their help messages are not resolving it. Others are having similar problems too it seems.

Devin is off to Russia for 16 days! She flew out yesterday and will be in St. Petersburg for almost the entire time. They've got a side trip to Moscow and a couple of other places. She's traveling with a group from Pacific University. She was excited but nervous about traveling that far. Any flight over 10 hours is too long....any flight over 6 hours is too long.

Taylor has joked that I have this "wall of denial" about the realities of adding two three year olds to the house. She tells me this because the car I drive won't acommodate three booster seats in the back seat. I finally took out three car seats last weekend and tried to force them in the car. She's right, they didn't fit. No matter what I did, they didn't fit. I know it's easy to replace a car but I don't want a van. Plus I really like my car. I like it's size (not so big that I hit things when I try to park). I like how it drives. It's easy to get serviced. I like the car payment. All those things make it a good car. However, it won't acommodate three booster seats. Yesterday we broke down and got a new car. (It's a 2004 so it's not new, but it is new to us.) It's not a van but it does handle three booster seats in the back seat. (I took them with us and made sure they fit.) It's easy to service and drives well.

Not much is new on the adoption front. Our agency director, Sue Hedberg, is off to Guatemala today to visit all her babies, check on her cases and meet with her attorneys. Since we just visited she won't be visiting my girls. She's also trying to meet with the Director of PGN. We've only been in PGN a week. However, there are many families that have been waiting a very long time. They're frustrated, angry and hurt they have to watch their children grow up somewhere else. I hope the PGN Director gets these cases moving soon.

Life is good so let's live it well!

3 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Ruth,
Just a thought (since I CAN post photos) try changing your template, maybe that will help. Also, if I try post more than one at a time, it won't load. I do them one by one. Just some thoughts since I am pretty anxious to see those two!! LOL!
dawnz:)

2:56 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Smart girl! I'll give that a try.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Any luck with trying one at a time? The other thought I have is that if the photos are very large it is hard for blogger to load them. Try cutting them down to a smaller size?
dawnz

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home